Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Song




Remember the nights on the phone
U, me and our unrivaled comfort zone
Remember the day at the coffee shop
Our first fight and your hundred apologies
Our promise of staying friends forever
While my biased love for you was never to cease

Remember the sudden kiss
The love in your eyes, no i didn't miss
Remember the long walks with arms entwined
Hearts connected and oblivious of whats around
So content with life's content
As the half completing us was found

Remember the night you said you love me
The smile on our face epitomising ecstasy
Remember the nights soaked in puerile drips
Shed in our pain or of the other
The sweet embrace without a qualm
Lasted for few minutes, yet felt like forever

So I'm singing, yes I'm singing
I'm singing to the tunes of bliss
Enraptured by the feel of your love
'Cause I know nothing can better this

Next day you went outta town
But in my heart you were rooted deep down
Not an inch away, not even a second
You said I would be from your mind
But that you went, you kept drifting away
And when you returned, you had left the love behind

Unaware of what went wrong
I tried so hard to remind you the song
But you seemed to have gone a hundred miles
Although within you were just a thought away
Holding on to you with a tenacious grip
I realised you weren't meant to stay

Now as I scribble the letters of your name
I wonder whether you ever do the same
After the daily struggle in this world of strangers
I recede to my familiar half, that's you
And like a refrain, it sweetens the melody
With a tinge of pathos which isn't new

But I'm singing, still I'm singing
I'm singing to the tunes of grief
Haunted by the paucity of your love
Struck in your chapter as I turn the leaf

Even in a room full of people, there's just two
One is me, the other my inner you

I'm singing, Oh I'm singing
I'm singing to the tunes so true
Feeling you with every breath I take
Not waiting yet living for you

3 comments:

Kumar Shankar Roy said...

Wow! That was fabulous poem. Very nicelu put and framed...seems like you have put your word where your heart is....do keep penning poems such as this :)

Metalhead said...

Nice. Some stanzas were awesome. But a few portions were on shallow waters.

Kam_wishes_upon_a_star said...

@Metalhead: Thanks for your valuable comments. :)
But it's a shame you don't have a profile link. How am I supposed to read your blog posts and return the favour??? :(