Sunday, February 13, 2011

Too Late to Apologize


When I was small,
And prone to doing wrong,
My Mom would blackmail me.
Unless I put things right,
I'd have to bear the plight,
She wouldn't talk to me.
I would try my best
To pass the test
In fear of losing her,
What bothered me
Was her deficiency
And not her anger.

Now when I see him holding my position
And my mom's I bear,
I see him turning his back on me,
And I realize he doesn't care.

I realize my worth...
I lose my mirth...
We live but friendship dies.
The milestone's crossed...
The relation's lost...
Its too late to apologize.

3 comments:

Metalhead said...

Why do people still cry over the world being unjust and betraying? Everyone knows that it's gonna be like that and it's NOT gonna change.
This world is not a good place to live in - so die, if you still want to live, then live. But what's the use in shedding tears every now and then?

Be tougher.

Kam_wishes_upon_a_star said...

@Metalhead: Well... I agree and I don't. Our world is defined by the people around us. So we can always be cautious enough to choose the right people and in case of wrong choices, we simply gotta let go and change company. That's what this poem is all about.
And c'mon the world is not that bad. We have nice people in our lives too. Just that, my literary genius comes out mostly when I'm low. ;)
And yes, you sound like a guy 'cause you are anti-tears. :P Well, if we girls can feel so strongly for pain, wonder our capability to feel love. :)

Soumita said...

Its obviously true dat we cant bring back something dat is 4ever gone from our lives......bt it feels good 2 kno dat we'r not d only 1 going through such a phase of agony.....d problem wth us is dat we alwz tend 2 cling on 2 our past...which makes d suffering even worse..... !!!